Monday, April 2, 2012

Random question 26

If you knew your child would be severely retarded and would die at the age of 5, would you decide to have an abortion?
 Honestly speaking, I would have an abortion. Getting pregnant is very serious and can be very exciting and what not, you're going to have a child you would most likely fall in LOVE with because IT IS your own child you gave birth to.
If the doctor was to tell me my child was to come out retarded i would most likely keep my child. I don't think it matter wether or not my kid comes out retarded or regular because i will still love my child. I will be so in love with my child that having my child come out retarded wouldn't even matter to me. I don't believe a child should be killed or have people look at them differently just because they child has a disability.
 BUT, the reason i would have an abortion is because i know my child would be dying at the age of 5. I don't want to have a child which i know has a short time limit on life. I don't want to spend each year of my child getting older and older, worrying that we are a day OR year closer to my kids death. I don't want to grow & LOVE my child, just to lose them after 5 years. Thats like me losing my sister at age 5, my sister means the world to me and finding out we have a limited amount of time to spend time with her I'd be extremely depressed forever and ever. I don't want to be so deeply in love with my child just to lose them sooner or later. I'm scared of being extremely depressed and heartbroken and i know losing my child would drive me into depression. I'd rather just have the abortion, instead of getting to know my child & learning to love my child too much to lose them. It may sound harsh to get an abortion; i know but its just to save my feelings and also for my child. For them to just experience 5 years of life then just die.

No comments: