Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Random question ,

Well, earlier Mr. Lahana mentioned a question to the class, and it was would we be acting different if we were raised in another setting surrounded with different people or act the same because of just our personality and our parents and how we are genetically.
I think personally for me, I would act a little different, probably hold my self differently than I do now, and dress differently. Maybe even have different goals in life. I think some of my personality comes from who I am surrounded with, my settings and just what I see in everyday life. I mean, I mean would you really like sag your jeans or wear certain stuff if you were like raised in like a really nice area in like California filled with sophisticated people?  Probably not. Although some of my actions are definitely caused just CAUSE OF ME. Theres definitely my surroundings and friends and stuff to blame. I mean i don't think I'd be dressing the way I dress if I didn't try and fit in with my setting. I mean my mom and dad complains about how i SOMETIMES show skin or whatever ( which I listen to them because i know where they're coming from) but I don't think I'd be doing that if I didn't see it outside, or if thats what is sorta like the trend for girls. I mean i don't go out with my bellybutton showing, I Mean i definitely have respect for myself to the point where I just sell myself out so EW no. If i was raised else where I'd probably be attracted to different types of boys - maybe they wouldn't be sagging, or I wouldn't care about "swagg" or this and that. I may be attracted to guys walking around with suits at all times. HEY, who knows? But also, it can be the other way around, which is stating that being raised around here is good because I Learned not to take stuff for granted because OBVIOUSLY I'm not the richest girl in the world because if I was I'd be living in a mansion not around here ! Also, I've seen people around struggling and everyday I always see a new homeless person outside. I mean if i was raised somewhere " FANCY" i probably just expect everything to go my way or just different stuff. If i already got what i want all that time, or just stuff like that I'd probably have no drive or dream because I have everything i want. But since I live down here and I WANT to leave - I have to work for that. I got to work hard and i especially have a drive which is get out of here and continue with my career. Maybe, I wouldn't listen to music I listen to now - I may really be into Country, blues or Jazz if i was surrounded with different friends who listen to similar music as me. Theres just a lot to say about how differently I'd act if i was somewhere else not here of if i saw and was surrounded with a new set of friends and people. But I'm glad I'm from around here and surrounded with different people because if i wasn't I'd be different and i like` the way I am, with my personality, feelings, and having the drive i have and interest i have in life.

2 comments:

lahana said...

WONDERFUL post-- so thoughtful and reflective. There is no doubt that there are advantages and disadvantages to being raised in this neighborhood. Sometimes things are rough around here and you have to build a shell around you. That shell will help you sometimes in college and in your profession when people try to take advantage of you. On the other hand, that shell might prevent you from trusting people when they DO deserve it if you don't watch out. You are so bright and self-aware, I have no doubt you will be able to take the best out of the way you were raised and take in the best of the world outside of this neighborhood has to offer :)

ajimenez188 said...

thank you :)