Monday, April 23, 2012

Random question 33.

You discover your wonderful one-year-old child is, because of a mixup at the hospital not yours. Would you want to exchange the child to try to correct the mistake?
NO, i would not want to exchange my baby although it isn't mine. I mean I have obviously been treating my mixup child as if it was my REAL child, and have grown love for the child. I think everybody bond with different people is different and special and you never know if I don't feel the same way towards my REAL child than my mixup child which be unfortunate. If i obviously think my child is wonderful why trade it in. I have grown love for it and spent one year of my life spending time with my child and loving it so i wouldn't trade it in for anything. I believe everything happens for a reason so not having my is obvious that my bond would be stronger being with my mixup child and it was meant to be.

3 comments:

lahana said...

Fascinating. There's an ongoing debate called "nature versus nurture" which asks the question- how much of you (your mannerisms, personality, habits...) is based on your genes and how much of it depends on how, where, and with whom you are raised? Sounds like you believe nurture matters most, yes?

Another question: would your blog post change if you new that your biological child (the one that came from your body) was being treated poorly by his/her parents?

ajimenez188 said...

I WOULD CALL ACS ! No child deserves to be treated poorly and especially not MY child.

lahana said...

Smart. Then you get to keep the child you've been raising, but ensure the safety of your biological child.