Friday, May 4, 2012

Ageism .

I think AGEism happens a lot, for older people and also younger people. Well I think many adults under estimate kids sometimes, thinking most have a lack of intelligence and that adults are better than them. I mean as in, many adults consider kids very immature just cause of a couple of kids but they automatically think that of all kids. I mean if they was to just take time out to see SOME kids, they'd notice that some are even more mature than some adults and maybe more intelligence. I mean, if your from the Lower East Side, I think you'd notice that some adults are NO MORE intelligent or immature than kids cause honestly some kids act more mature than some adults. I hate how, if someone needs help with someone they'd most likely go to the adult. I mean, we're actually in school CURRENTLY ; so you never know if we just learned about something you need help on, compared to when you ask an adult they may forget because they haven't been in school in a long time. Also, lets say a 30 year old lady and a 15 year old has a chance to babysit someone child but the person has to choose between both females they'd go for the older lady, just ASSUMING that they have more experience because they had more years on this Earth. I mean, you never know if the teenager has plenty of baby sitting jobs and experience with kids- where as the adult has no experience WHAT SO EVER! I think more people need to realize that not all the kids are the same; that not all adults have the same intelligence and maturity as kids. Another thing is I hate how adults complain about how teenager have kids and stuff at a young age, they just assume that they can't handle a baby. Where plenty of adults can BARELY put food in their childs mouth. You never know if the teenager has a maturer brain or whatever the case is. For older people, I think ageism happens when people say older people cannot be "hip" as in wear the same stuff teenagers wear. When maybe the adult has a really nice body that they can show off certain assets as teenagers do; but still people look at them weird. I mean, in certain cases i don't think it should matter wether you're 53 years old with a nice body wearing the same clothes as a 17 year old, as long as they don't look old..

2 comments:

lahana said...

I love how you can just grab ahold of a topic and run with it! You gave some good examples of ageism; especially about intelligence and maturity. In fact, you, Ms. Jimenez, are much more intelligent and mature, than many of the adult I've encountered in my life :)

ajimenez188 said...

thank you mr.lahana :)